Saturday 14 June 2008

John Michael Montgomery - Montgomery In Rehab

Country singer JOHN MICHAEL MONTGOMERY has reportedly checked into a rehab treatment facility for substance abuse.

The star has axed all concert dates and personal appearances for the next 30 days to voluntarily submit himself to the centre to treat his severe anxiety attacks and sleep disorder, his management company said on Friday (09May08).

In 2006, Montgomery was arrested on alcohol, drugs and weapons charges. As part of a plea bargain, he acknowledged there was sufficient evidence for a DUI conviction and the other charges were dismissed.

In a statement, Montgomery says, "I will be disappearing for a while to try and defeat the demons that have stripped me of my energy of life and good health for so many years now. I assure you that however long it may take, I'm gonna fight to the end and come out stronger."

The 43-year-old is due to release an album on his own label in September (08).




See Also